Sunday, September 26, 2010

#1: Visit Biltmore Estate

My hubby and I had a weekend away in the mountains (#2) by ourselves (#79) to celebrate his 30th Birthday. We had a great time! Our first day we visited Biltmore Estate. That place was amazing! I really loved Antler Hill Village on the property which had a "Kitchen Garden", Animal Barn, and a winery - that sounds like my kind of place! The house was quite impressive, but that was more for my history buff hubby. Not quite the nice fall weather I was hoping for - it was 90+ the day we visited Biltmore. I was hot & tired by the end of the day!


The rest of the weekend was spent eating way too much and relaxing to a level that should be illegal. It was fabulous to just lay around, watch football, read, eat, and spend time together.

Note: Even though we toured the winery at Biltmore and enjoyed the tasting, I'm not going to count it as #11: Visit a NC Winery. I want that to be a separate and unique experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment